Sustainable Fashion Resources
To our delight sustainable and ethical fashion is getting a lot more coverage in media and more people are getting interested. However, there is a lot of information out there and it is difficult to know who to trust. Thus, I have created a short list of resources to help you. Here are some handpicked films, short videos, articles and professional reports on the topic of sustainable and ethical fashion that I hope you find helpful.
1. Film - The True Cost. An all-encompassing film on the subject, available on Netflix.
2. Film - The Price of Free. Focuses on child labor. YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsqKz1hd_CY
3. Short Video - The True Cost of Fast Fashion by The Economist. YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfNUD0-8ts
4. Short Video – Fashion: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO). YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLf4fihP78&t=59s
5. Short Video – A Beginner’s Guide to Sustainable Fashion (i-D). YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOKsiTc9fs&t=18s
6. Article – This Is Why Sustainable Fashion Matters. Link: https://globalnews.ca/news/4173055/sustainable-fashion/
7. Website – Fashion Revolution is a social movement and their website is a great place to learn more about the issue. Link: https://www.fashionrevolution.org/about/why-do-we-need-a-fashion-revolution/
8. Report – A New Textiles Economy: Redesigning Fashion’s Future. Funded and guided by the Ellen Macarthur Foundation. Link: https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/assets/downloads/publications/A-New-Textiles-Economy_Full-Report_Updated_1-12-17.pdf
9. Report – Pulse of The Fashion Industry. Link: http://globalfashionagenda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Pulse-of-the-Fashion-Industry_2017.pdf